Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Can't Sleep a Wink Wednesday!
















"Yawn" Excuse me, I am a bit sleep deprived this morning. Last night for some reason Ozzie could not settle down and get to sleep. I stayed up with him until midnight all the while watching him toss and turn on the couch then the floor. I could not stay awake another minute so I went upstairs to bed. Soon after Ozzie followed me and preceded to toss and turn on his blankets on the floor next to my side of the bed. Around 2:00 AM I could hear Ozzie's nails clicking on the wood floor as he wandered around the room. ""Okay Oz, let's try going downstairs to the couch." He followed me down and we both settled on the couch where Ozzie finally fell asleep. I woke up around 5:00 AM from a stiff neck and went back to my bed for a couple more zzzz's.

I wonder, does Ozzie have dog insomnia? Its possible! It is usually more common in older dogs who may be awaken by their aches and pains of old age. Ozzie's problem more likely stems from his inactivity. I am sure if he did more during his day in terms of exercise he probably be more tired at night. Call me crazy but an occasional walk may help him settle down at night. Hey, Ozzie just called me crazy!

The link below explains the causes of canine insomnia. If your dog is suffering from this you may want to discuss the cause and remedy with your vet.

What causes insomnia in dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment