Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday Shopping Spree with the OZ

For Ozzie's birthday we took him to Petsmart to get some needed supplies. I always thought that the folks who took their dogs to the pet store were a little wacky and I would never engage in such foolishness! Well I guess I have joined the ranks of the wacky! Yes with Ozzie in tow we were on our way! Oz seems to be a celebrity of sorts because every time we have been there the cashier and clerks rush up to him! ( No autographs please! ) The one cashier, Lisa, keeps his picture on her cellphone and greets him with "How is my Ozzie boy today?!" He is very cool and casual around other dogs in the store. He shows initial interest and after the typical canine greetings goes on his way!
Today we were looking for a pet ramp for him. He is a big boy and at 73 pounds larger than your average male bully! I definitely cannot pick him up without the aid of a crane and get him into our SUV so someone had suggested a ramp!
As Mark went to search for this I stood by the check out line with Ozzie who then decided to lift his leg and relieve himself on a customer's purchase! (
It was one of those plastic container that holds dog food,Oops!) . I profusely apologized to the man and the cashier Lisa cleaned it up with some paper towel! ( Ewww just get a new one! )
We ended up with a plastic ramp that folds in half. It lightweight and seems sturdy enough with a weight limit of 200 pounds! (If we need more than that we are in trouble or transporting pot belly pigs!) As soon as we got into the parking lot my husband decided to give the ramp a test run. We removed it from the box and leaned into the back of the back of our Murano. With some coaxing and pushing Ozzie walked up the ramp. "See how easy it is!" Mark announced proudly. Well lets what happens when I need to do it on my own. Maybe if I put a roasted chicken at the top of the ramp he will go for it!
Ozzie was quite content with himself and the days purchases! We left Petsmart with 30 pounds of reduced calorie dog food the ramp, assorted toys and treats to the tune of 182.00! Life is good Oz! Happy birthday boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment