Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Columbus Day!

What a beauty of a day! Especially lucky weather for the Columbus Day parade that is marching down 5th Avenue in NYC at the moment. A proud day for Italian Americans to celebrate their heritage. It just so happens that the guy who discovered the Americas happened to be an Italian from Spain. So a day also to recognize all who come here to be Americans and to celebrate this great country. My great-grandparents came here from Italy over a hundred years ago and with them the dream of a good life. It was also very important for them to become Americans first while still embracing their Italian culture. I am very proud of them and all of the Italians who immigrated here and made a successful and wonderful life for themselves and future generations!

Now Ozzie being an English Bulldog is confused by all the hub -bub! Though I am sure if I said the word "pizza" he would come running! I think I will make some good ole fashion spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight in celebration. I am sure Ozzie will approve!

I want to leave you with three Italian teenage tenors who's singing is amazing. If there were any justice in show business Justin Bieber would be shining their shoes!

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment