Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Safe and Jolly for the Holidays

Ho ho ho! give me bulliesticks!

Ho ho and ring-a-ling and all that kind of holiday stuff. I am sure I will be dashing through the mall again today to get a handle on my Christmas shopping. Ozzie will be doing his usual napping and keeping an eye on things while I am out.

Just a few safety tips for your pets during the holidays ahead. Other than the usual foods that are no no's , chocolate, onions, macadamia nuts etc. there are decorations and plants that present hazards to your pooch. Poinsettia, Mistletoe and Holly can cause indigestion, nausea and diarrhea just for starters. Do yourself a favor and get the fake version if you must have them.
The water in the Christmas tree can cause digestion upset since the tree can contain fertilizers and stagnant tree water can harbor all types of bacteria. ( I know my cat use to love drinking the tree water for some reason!)
Also keep all the glass ornaments up high on O Tannenbaum, since rough little bulldogs have the tendency to plough by and knock all the bottom decorations off. We don't need shattered glass around! Below is a helpful link to holiday hazards for pups that you can refer to.

Well I am off to shop. Wish me luck Oz. Oz...? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!


No comments:

Post a Comment