Friday, December 3, 2010

Finally Friday!



Well we reached the end of another week. I still have this awful cold that refuses to leave my system. It has prevented me from getting all the Christmas decorations up and going. My neighbors have put us to shame with their displays of colored lights and mechanical reindeer. We are woefully still entertaining last season with a half eaten pumpkin and a scarecrow desperately clinging to the porch railing. Ozzie could care less. Its not about the decor for him. Its all about the food and squeaky toys!
Its been a bit chilly for the last couple of days here in Jersey and Ozzie has hunkered down on the couch for his long winter nap. Not really caring about the outdoors so much.
Meanwhile I had unwittingly volunteered to make cookies for a Christmas party that our ski club is hosting this weekend. As I stare at the sticks of butter laying on the counter I ask myself why did I open my big mouth?! Baking is the last thing I feel like doing with my sinuses playing their own version of Jingle Bells in my forehead! Move over Oz I feel a winter nap coming on!




For those who may feel more inclined to bake this weekend I will share with you the recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies:


Preheat oven to 375

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 6 ounce pkg of Craisins
2/3 cup of white chocolate chunks or chips

Using electric mixer beat butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in Craisins and white chocolate.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Note to Ozzie: for human consumption only!

No comments:

Post a Comment