Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Don't Get Choked up Over This!

There was some discussion at our Memorial Day BBQ about our beloved doggies of course! My friend Terri was upset by an incident that occurred with her Pom-Chi Harley the other day. He was choking and gagging on something that turned out to be a wad of grass ( we think!?) Anyways that got me to thinking what would one do if you feared that your dog was choking on some object?! My first instinct is trying to grab the whatever out of his throat but that seems inherently dangerous for your fingers! Being that Ozzie snorts his food down and half the time is yakking some of it up, it would be helpful to be hip to some emergency maneuvers! I found on YouTube Dog Safety Expert Melanie Monteiro who goes through some methods to help your choking pooch. So next time Fido decides to eat one of Uncle Fred's tube socks you will know what to do!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I think it's a very good idea for my humans to be prepared to keep me safe in every eventuality. I'll make sure they watch this several times until they get it right.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete