Friday, July 13, 2012

Finally Friday and Hungry Like a Wolf

Here we are again...Friday! Ozzie seems fine with no real outward symptoms of the lymphoma that plagues him. There are some things that he just doesn't do anymore. He would love to sit out on the front porch with his Pop and people/dog watch. He just isn't interested lately, though the heat doesn't help the situation. He seems to get easily over heated ( even in a cooler environment) and pants a bit. That could be from the prednisone or the cancer?! One thing for sure that the steroid has done is stimulated his already veracious appetite! I could be opening a bag of chips two blocks away and he would hear it and come running! Well you know what I mean. Food is on his brain at every moment of the day! He spends a lot of time on the kitchen floor!


Ozzie's next chemo appointment is a week from today, so I will be able to get an idea on where we are at and ask some questions about what to expect going forward. Till then we will just enjoy the Oz and I will keep feeding him his organic gourmet meals. My husband noted that I feed Ozzie better then him other day. Hubby  was eating a hotdog and wanted to give a piece of it to Ozzie. I stopped him and said "Don't feed him that, hot-dogs have a lot of junk in them!" "Well then why do you feed them to me!" he protested."Oh well you may have a point but you don't have cancer!"


One last note before I go, I ran into a woman who breeds Golden Retrievers and she recently had a litter of Goldendoodles. What are they you might ask?! They are a combination of a Golden Retreiver and a Poodle. Sounds like a great mix between two wonderfully tempered breeds! If anyone here in the NY Metro area is interested leave me a comment with your email and I will give you the information!


Have a super weekend all!




Loving his bone pillow!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been keeping up with your blog lately because it's been so busy this summer and I just read the news. I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. My thoughts are with you and I hope Ozzy pulls through. Bullies are tough.

    ReplyDelete