Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wanted: One Mess of a Dog!


Imagine this ad:

Wanted- Creature that drools endlessly on floor clothes etc. Must have experience with omitting gas on cue that can clear a room. Skilled at shedding year around a plus! Snoring at high decibels required! Deep face wrinkles that require constant cleaning and can smell like dirty water in the bottom of a garbage can desirable!


It is like folks that now own Bulldogs run this ad in searching for a dog!? That is exactly what ones gets with the Bulldog. He comes by all these traits honestly! You may ask yourself why would anyone want a dog with a resume like this. I can answer for myself at least. When you look into that smushed in face and those big brown eyes they just own your soul! They are there to keep you company and amuse you daily! At your side is the place they need to be! As I write this Ozzie is sleeping at my feet and tooting up a storm so I need to make this short! I found a poem on another bulldog blog that I would like to share with you! It expresses the whole dog thing very succinctly!

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like,
and I'm sure he understands.
When he looks at me so attentively,
and gently licks my hands;
Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,
but I never say naught thereat,
For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,
but never a friend like that!"

- W. Dayton Wedgefarth

I have got to leave the room now! Have a good day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment