Friday, June 14, 2024

Finally Friday Four Years Later

 I am back! Shamefully yes it's been four years since I last post anything on my blog. Life gets busy, enthusiasm wains and laziness sets in. What can I say? I am sure there are many abandoned blogs out there in the stratosphere! Life goes on and takes it's twists and turns and here we are again.

Sylva is well and still with us. Still mastering the art of eating garbage off the street. He will be 11 this summer, which means we have had him for close to 9 years since adopting him. He is a great dog and truly man's best friend. If not my husband's best friend! While my husband whiles away working from home, Sylva is content to lie at his feet under his desk available for the occasional pat on the head or lunch tidbits that may stray his way.

 Also it's June and that means the hydrangeas are in bloom! For some reason last year they were not that spectacular as they are this year! I must say the blooms are everywhere and more vibrant than ever! 


I wanted to recommend for my fellow brachycephalic dog owners who may run into the severe dry nose syndrome. You know when their nose gets so dry pieces of it fall off! Yes yucky indeed! But surely it's uncomfortable for them as well and Sylva has been dealing with this for a while, especially more common as they age. I tried something our veterinarian recommended and it seems to be helping a bit. It's called Blissful Dog Nose Butter. You have to keep faithful in applying it but for the bit he doesn't attempt to lick off it seems to be helping, so give it a shot if your pup suffers from the crusty nose!

All right that wasn't so bad for my debut after a four year hiatus! Have a great weekend and happy Father's Day to all you dads out there of human or fur children!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment